Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
¨ All students may enter the school at 8:20 for breakfast and classes begin at 8:35. Breakfast is served from 8:20 until 8:35 only.
¨ Students that arrive after 8:40 must report to the office for a late pass. It is important that students arrive on time for school. Learning begins the minute students enter their classrooms at 8:35. All students who arrive late must be dropped off at the front door of the school. Parents may not walk students to class WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
¨ If your child arrives after 9:30 please be sure:
1. He or she is escorted by a parent to the main office
2. If coming from a doctor’s appointment, has a doctor’s note.
3. A parent calls the main office to inform the school they are aware of their child’s lateness.
PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE DRIVEWAY DURING ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL TIMES.
· Dismissal procedures begin at 2:40. NO PARENT WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE BUILDING AFTER 2:40. Please eliminate the need for early pick up that interferes with the instructional program. We understand emergencies do occur, but not often. The instructional program at School Five begins at 8:35 and ends at 3:05 every minute counts toward preparing your child for academic success.
· Bus Riders– If you would like to pick up your child instead of him/her riding their bus home do not call the office or send a note. Instead it will be your responsibility to pick up your child from 2:55– 3:00 as they are dismissed or at their designated bus located on Lockwood Avenue. That is why it is important that you know the bus number and bus monitor’s name. All bus children will be directed to their bus daily.
· Walkers– All will be dismissed at 3:15.
· PLEASE PICK UP YOUR CHILD ON TIME