- Build essential knowledge and skills in all New York State Common Core Learning Standards, providing a deep foundation in all academic areas
- Offer learning environments premised on teaching philosophies that help students acquire subject matter and realize academic success in accordance to their learning preferences
- Integrate technology throughout all areas of instructional design to reflect a new world of learning; infuse innovative and web-based instruction into classrooms, computer labs and library-media centers to provide extended learning opportunities for all students
- Integrate enrichment opportunities through curriculum-themed experiences including field trips, music and art enrichment opportunities, project-based and cooperative-learning initiatives, and extracurricular activities
- Offer supplementary support services through Title I Reading and Mathematics, Resource Rooms, English as a New Language (ENL), School Guidance Counselors, Social Workers, and School Psychologists
- Foster partnerships with community organizations, cultural institutions and colleges that provide extended learning opportunities
- Engage parents as partners in education through Parent Teacher Associations, workshops, conferences, open houses, performances, advisory committees and school-based decision-making teams, and Family Welcome Centers
- Introduce career interests through curricular studies, service learning, and real world connections
- Promote ongoing Professional Development through common planning periods, workshops and courses, curriculum development and collegial sharing
- Improve self-esteem and respect for others through multicultural and intergenerational education studies, programs, and celebrations
- Uphold and uniformly enforce the District's Code of Conduct and Uniform Policy/Dress Code Policies for Students and Staff to provide a safe, orderly learning environment
Schools At A Glance
Parents of students in the Yonkers Public Schools
have the unique opportunity to select the schools
their children will attend.
The exciting programs available at every school attract
children and their families from all across Yonkers.
Specialized themes and instructional philosophies
enable children to discover and develop their interests,
intelligences, and imaginations while meeting
the New York State Learning Standards. Hands-on
activities that are connected to real-world situations
bring the curriculum to life. The arts and technology
are vehicles for learning and applying new skills and
for sharing knowledge and understanding with others.
When You Visit
Parents/guardians are welcome to come to school.
In order to protect our students and staff and maintain
a secure environment, all visitors are asked to
use the main entrance doors. Sign-in with either
the safety officer or staff member at the door or
go directly to the main office. A visitor's pass will
be issued to all visitors.