Greetings Parents and Guardians,
I hope you have been able to enjoy the good weather lately.
As you know, all hybrid students can come to school for four days starting Monday, April 12. Our staff has worked hard to prepare for our students and we look forward to seeing them all.
Some points of emphasis about “Return to Learn”:
· Parents can drop their children off starting at 8:15 each morning. The same process of completing the COVID questionnaire and temperature check is still in effect.
· Our wonderful custodians placed plastic dividers on each student desk (please check the pictures on our website gallery for a visual of the dividers).
· Following CDC (Center for Disease Control) and Westchester Department of Health guidelines, students can be three feet apart, as long as they wear a mask, while in the classroom.
· While in the cafeteria, students need to be six-feet apart. We are using the cafeteria in the gymnasium, along with our regular cafeteria, to accommodate all of the students.
· We have made some adjustments to the lunch schedule to accommodate all of the students.
· For Remote students/families, Dr. Quezada will be making an announcement on how you can ‘Return to Learn’ for your child this spring.
· Our teachers and staff have worked very hard to prepare for the return. We need your help to continue to have your child in school by 8:30 each of the four days (students can arrive by 8:15) to maximize learning and to have your COVID questionnaire completed.
· Wednesdays will remain a remote day of learning as it has been since October. There is no change to Wednesday’s plan.
Thank you for your continuous support. Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions or I can be of assistance.
Keep the faith and keep persevering!
Edward T. Beglane, Ed.D.
Thomas Cornell Academy
15 St. Mary’s Street
Yonkers, NY 10701
“We persevere at home and in school.”