Science and Information Technologies
• Math, Science & Technology (MST) integration is the centerpiece of the instructional program with specific scientific content-based lessons and experiential learning using SmartBoard Technology.
• Science, as it relates to health and wellness, is the focus of the Early Childhood, prekindergarten and kindergarten classes
• Multi-disciplinary lessons linking science, social studies and literacy including written expression and artistic expression to the larger School 9 community
• Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS ) is an emphasis in the building based on our R-Respectful, O-Organized, A-Accountable, R-Responsible (R.O.A.R.) initiatives that all stakeholders have embraced throughout the building
• Students pledge each day to “Reduce, Recycle and Reuse” to create a better world for all.
This school works closely with:
• JCY-Westchester Community Partners - S.M.A.R.T. Program
• Boy/Girl Scouts
• Westchester Foster Grandparent Program
• Junior Achievement (Gorton High School)
• VIVE Pathways
• Hudson River Museum of Westchester