Mr. Wilfred Torres, School Social Worker
I am Mr. Torres, your school school social worker. I am here to support your child and family's social and emotional wellness.
An activity in mindfulness:
Self-Care During These Times
Students may find it challenging to adapt to new schedules and different ways of learning or connecting with other students. Families and school staff want to ensure students’ well-being and educational progress. Feeling overwhelmed is understandable and normal during these times.
We want to ensure our students and families feel supported. Because of this, included here are ideas on how to practice self-care
To start, here are some ideas for self-care:
- Creating and sticking to a schedule
- Recognize and acknowledge feelings.
- Recognize what is and is not within one’s control.
- Focus on the positive.
- Practice self-care throughout the day by getting enough sleep, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water and having movement breaks.
- Use coping strategies such as deep breathing to help reduce stress (link below).
- Ask for help
If feeling overwhelmed during this time, please take a moment and practice
Degrees and Certifications: