Superintendent's Mid-Year Message
Highlights from the Superintendent's Message
- Prekindergarten children entering school in September 2021 should register now.
- Return to Learn – Yonkers students are encouraged to participate in in-person instruction. Following all CDC and Department of Health guidelines, students currently registered in Hybrid Instruction, Cohorts A & B, should be attending school on their assigned days. Students not attending on their assigned days will be moved to 100% remote instruction, Cohort D, to make room for students who want Hybrid Instruction.
- COVID-19 vaccines are available, please, if you are eligible, consider taking the vaccine to protect you, your family and community.
- While in schools, please remember to follow all CDC guidelines – wear a face covering, wash your hands often and maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- Throughout February, there were numerous ethnic and cultural celebrations across the District
- Advocacy for the Yonkers Public Schools 2021-2022 School Budget is extremely important; please work with the Yonkers Council of PTAs to advocate for our students and schools.
- Report Cards were mailed home and are available in the Parent Portal. Please review the report card with your child. If your child is struggling, please reach out to your child’s teachers, principal and school counselor