After School Remote Learning Support Program Mon-Thu 4-6PM
Yonkers Public Schools is implementing asynchronous instruction with virtual support beginning Monday, October 4, 2021 for students who are quarantined, and for students with District approved medical conditions.
If a single or multiple students require quarantining OR student(s) have received District approval for medical condition(s) that places the child at a health risk for attending in-person instruction, the Digital Learning model uses asynchronous online instruction (learning that does not occur in the same place or at the same time) with assignments and assessments. These programs will allow students to continue with a standards-aligned instructional program while working online independently or with assistance from an adult. The programs are easily accessible from the District’s Clever Dashboard. The programs provide instruction in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
- Students are required to complete online coursework and assessments
- Seesaw for prekindergarten and kindergarten students
- IXL and Nearpod for grades 1 to 12 students
- Virtual support by District teachers between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Families are responsible for submitting evidence of the student’s completed work to the school
- A computer or laptop and Internet access are required for instruction. If your child does not have a computer, please contact your child’s school.
Instructional Platforms by Subject & Grade
The After School Remote Learning Support Program will virtually assist students and families on how to use the instructional programs (IXL, Nearpod, Seesaw) during quarantine. To help students navigate the assignments, Yonkers Public Schools teachers and an administrator are available every Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The After School Remote Learning Support Program begins Monday, October 4, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Support Teachers are available to provide guidance on:
- How to log into the programs
- How to find the teacher/administrator assignments from the Home School
- How to navigate through the programs
- How to submit assignments
The after school program support administrator and teachers are Yonkers Public Schools staff and are proficient in the instructional technology programs as well as providing instruction.
Who is eligible for Remote Learning and what is the process for eligibility?
- Any student who has been exposed to COVID-19 and who has medical documentation confirming exposure must contact the school principal and provide the documentation.
- The District’s Medical Office will receive and confirm the documentation from the school.
- The student is then quarantined and the principal, or designee, places the student on Remote Learning.
How does Remote Learning get started?
The student’s Principal, or designee, will send out the assignments on the Remote Learning Platforms (IXL, Nearpod, and/or Seesaw) and contact the student and family.
What are the days and hours of Remote Learning Support?
Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Students may tap or click on the link for their grade band to speak to an After School Remote Learning support teacher during the hours of 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays.
Microsoft Teams Grade Band Links
Phone lines are open from 4:00 to 6:00 PM Mondays through Thursdays
(914) 721-8777 and (914) 721-8778.
Remote Learning Department Helplines
Staff will respond to questions and help students and families to navigate the process.
For assistance during the school day call 914-721-8817
- Monday and Wednesday - 1:30-4:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday - 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
Email for assistance: email@example.com