Applications must be submitted and received on or before April 1, 2023.
- All non-public school transportation applications submitted after April 1, 2023 are not guaranteed.
- Transportation will be provided ONLY to students who attend a school that is at least 1.5 miles (walking distance) from the home address.
- The students’ distance eligibility is determined by a state approved routing system; we do not refer to GOOGLE Maps/Map Quest to determine distance eligibility.
2023-2024 Applicants for Non-Public School Transportation
If you have never registered with the Yonkers Public Schools District, you must create an account and complete an online registration per student for Transportation to a Private/Parochial School. Keep a copy of these credentials for your records as this is an application that must be completed every school year.
Select "Transportation to Private/Parochial School" on the verification screen, then proceed:
Document Checklist for General Education Students
- Proof of Birth (i.e., Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Legal/Official Guardianship (i.e., Photo ID of the guardian)
- Three (3) Proofs of Yonkers Residency within last 30 days (i.e.-Mortgage, Lease or Homeowner’ Statement, plus two (2) more proofs
- Immunization Records
- Report Card, and Unofficial Transcript for high school
Document Checklist for Special Education Students
Applicants applying to Special Education Schools (Windward, John Cardinal O’Connor, Eagle Hill & Winston Prep):
- An Individualized Educational Program (IEP) is necessary to determine school placement. The IEP must be submitted each school year.
You will have the opportunity to upload all required documents at the end of the application.
ALL UPLOADED DOCUMENT SUBMISSIONS MUST BE CLEAR AND LEGIBLE.