Seventh and Eighth grade students have an opportunity to participate in the reinstated Yonkers Public Schools Middle Years Intramural Sports Program.
Middle years students from every school may participate in athletic competition as members of a multi-school team.
Young athletes will learn the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to support an active, productive and healthy lifestyle. The program extends the District’s physical education instruction and provides the opportunity, regardless of athletic skill, to participate in a team and leisure-time activity. Intramural sports are not part of the District’s interscholastic sports program.
Participation in team sports:
- Provides an opportunity to participate in athletic competition without regard for high performance skill or ability.
- Provides physical activities in a safe and professionally supervised environment.
- Nurtures healthy competition, enjoyment, fair play, and teamwork.
- Enhances social interaction among students from neighboring schools.
- Intramural sports seasons will be 6 to 8 weeks and include
Boys and Girls Soccer
Boys and Girls Basketball
Boys Baseball and Girls Softball