Degrees and Certifications:
M.A. in Health Education Health Education (Grades k-12) Certified
TEACHER CONTACT INFORMATION
Teachers: Mr. Waltzer
School Phone: (914) 376-8191
YMHS Website: http://www.yonkerspublicschools.org/ymhs
Mr. Waltzer’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: Tuesdays at 2:30 - 3:15pm
HEALTH IS REQUIRED BY NEW YORK STATE
- To develop healthy attitudes and practice how to make healthier and wiser decisions through facts, prevention, refusal skills, conflict resolution, stress management, and decision making.
TOPICS COVERED OVER THE YEAR (may change based on students’ needs)
- Health and Wellness.
- Mental/ Emotional Health.
- Stress Management.
- Legal/ Illegal Drugs.
- Human Growth and Development.
- Disease and Disorders.
- Physical Fitness.
- Pen or Pencil.
- Notebook and a Folder or a section in a 3 Ring Binder.
Students’ grades are based on tasks completed in and out of class. Grades are earned for classwork, homework, participation, projects, and Assessments. Midterm exams and final exams count as a grade for the quarter as well as the “Exam” grade on the report card. It is the students ‘responsibility to check Microsoft Teams daily for reminders and homework posts.
- 50% Assessments, Reports, Projects, and
-Participation grade is based on the Classroom Policies: Superior 100, Fair 75, Problematic 50,
- 50% Classwork and Homework
- √ Full credit, √- Half credit, 0 No credit. Late assignments can be turned in for Half-credit only.
- = 100% of your total grade.
ABSENCE / LATE WORK POLICY - Assignments are online in MS Teams.
- Each assignment has a due date and is expected to be presented to the teacher on that date.
- Any assignments turned in after the due date will have points deducted based on how late.
- Projects/essays that are late will have 10 points deducted for each school day it is late with a
MAXIMUM of 5 allowable late days.
- After the 5th school day, no late projects will be accepted, and the student will receive a zero.
- No pictures of work will be accepted in teams unless the teacher has given permission
Students must make up all missed assignments if/when absent from class. If a student cannot access the assignments, that student needs to be in contact with other students from their class or needs to contact the school or teacher for their assignments. If you know you will be absent ahead of time, request the assignments beforehand. Students are allotted the number of days absent to make up the work.
CLASSROOM POLICIES/ EXPECTATIONS
- Raise your hand to speak or to get up
- Respect your classmates, teachers, and yourself
- Do not talk over people
- Be in your seat on time, fully prepared, and ready to work with bags on the floor
- Use appropriate school language and “accountable talk”
- No food/candy/drink in class (except plain bottled water)
- Clean up after yourself
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- No electronic devices to be used in class
WEBSITES/APPS USED DURING THE YEAR FOR PARTICIPATION, ASSIGNMENTS, AND CONTACT
Microsoft Teams: located in Clever and a free app: for assignments, announcements, and communication between students and teachers only - Parents must use Email / Phone to communicate with teachers