Middle Years Intramural Sports Program for Grades 7 & 8
Permissions slips and bus stops on the right (desktop) below (mobile)
Seventh and Eighth grade student have an opportunity to participate in the reinstated Yonkers Public Schools Middle Years Intramural Sports Program.
Middle years students from every school may participate in athletic competition as members of a multi-school team.
Young athletes will learn the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to support an active, productive and healthy lifestyle. The program extends the District’s physical education instruction and provides the opportunity, regardless of athletic skill, to participate in a team and leisure-time activity. Intramural sports are not part of the District’s interscholastic sports program.
Participation in team sports:
- Provides an opportunity to participate in athletic competition without regard for high performance skill or ability.
- Provides physical activities in a safe and professionally supervised environment.
- Nurtures healthy competition, enjoyment, fair play, and teamwork.
- Enhances social interaction among students from neighboring schools.
Fall - Boys and Girls Soccer
- Sign-up: September 11 – 15, 2017
- Season: September 25 – November 17, 2017
Winter – Boys and Girls Basketball
- Sign-up: November 6 – December 1, 2017
- Season: December 11 – February 9, 2018
Spring - Softball
- Sign-up: February 26 – March 2, 2018
- Season: March 12 – May 11, 2018