Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Ceil Francis
Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
If you need any assistance please contact me by e-mail, text, or telephone.
Last day for Distance Learning is June 18th, 2020.
Please return all borrowed laptops on June 18th, 2020, School 30 between the hours of 9 a.m. -12 p.m. Drop off procedure
Please CHECK the School 30 Website for ALL current updates.
**The Governor announced today that Distance Learning will continue for the remainder of the academic year.
Week of June 15 -18 2020- Last Week of Distance Learning
1. Zoom Meetings - Tuesday (June 16) and Wednesday (June 17)
2. Winding down - completing novel "The Devil's Arithmetic" and discussing the novel.
- reviewing math question
3. Recommended student summer assignment
a. Reading - Summer Suggested Reading List-yonkers summer reading list
- Ms. Francis's recommended reading:Ms. Francis's Reading List
-Keep a Journal on your thoughts.
b. Math - I- Ready Assignments -June 22, July 1st, July 13th
4. HAVE A WONDERFUL, RELAXING SUMMER!
Week of June 8th-12th, 2020
1. This week we will be starting a new novel "The Devil's Arithmetic" by Jane Yolen.
2. To download the book refer to the calendar: Monday, June 8th,2020.
3. Math this week I-Ready- Reviewing Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers.
4. Please complete all past due assignments and e-mail them to me.
5. Summer work will be posted over the next few days.
Week of June 1st - June 5th, 202
1. Zoom Whole Class Meetings will be held Monday(June 1), and Thursday(June 4).
2. June 2nd, 2020 students will pick up their belongings - please download the procedure above in blue.
3. Complete the novel "Number the Stars"
4. Complete the assignments for "Number the Stars" by clicking on calendar for that particular day and following the directions.
5. We will be starting a new novel "Devil's Arithmetic" by Jane Yolen(dps.duvalschools.org>devilsarithmeticonlineversion.pdf) or (develsarithmeticonline version.pdf)
5. Math assignments this week will be from IReady- Review of Decimals(check calendar).
6. This week's we will traveling to The Americas.
Week of May 25- May29 2020- Whole Class Zoom Meetings: Tuesday(26) and Thurs.(28)
1. CONTINUE READING NUMBER OF STARS
2. WHILE READING, PLEASE MONITOR YOUR CHILD AND MAKE SURE
- THAT THEY ARE CURRENT WITH DAILY ASSIGNMENTS
- PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM GO AHEAD OF THE OF THE ASSIGNMENTS
- ATTEND ZOOM MEETINGS
3. "TOUR OF ASIA PROJECT" AND BUDGET: Tour of Asia
WEEK OF MAY 11-15, 2020
This is going to be a busy week for 5F:
1. We are starting to read Number the Stars
2. While reading this novel, it is extremely important that your child follow:
-The daily assignments listed on the calendar.
-Your child should not go ahead of the assignments.
** Attend Zoom Meetings - for discussions
Week of May 4-May 8,2020
This week we will be discussing and broading our knowledge on World War II. You will watch a series of videos on Brain Pop. Also, you will further develop and expand your vocabulary so that you will understand the terminology and circumstances of this era. This will set the premise for the novel we will start reading on May 11, Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry.
Student Education Log- should be Completed Each Week.student work log
Please Complete the Yearbook Survey.
Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch are available in the District.
Please remember to complete the 2020 Census
Zoom Meetings Week of May 11, 2020
Zoom meetings on Monday, May 11, and Wednesday, May 13, 2020 :
Topics: Discussion Number of Stars by Lois Lowry
Tour of Europe
Presentations of Projects
Zoom Small Group Meeting- Tuesday- May 12, 2020- 12p.m.
Zoom Small Group Meeting- Thursday- May 14, 2020- 12p.m.
Please try to have your child attend these sessions-
Any assignments that are past due will be accepted and reviewed.
ENTIRE CLASS: We will be meeting 2 times a week Monday, and Wednesday for whole class meetings
SMALL GROUPS: Tuesday and Thursday will be for small groups.
FRIDAYS: Are Flex Fridays- to be used for catch up on any work not completed
Enrichment- on Friday
1. To Access our class work please go to : Calendar(push the date and you will be given specific details)
2. Ms. Nap's students please check her web page for up to date assignments.
I believe in Einstein's adage that states " Education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think." Since 2008, I have held teaching positions in the Yonkers School District. My experience, has been in teaching Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Additionally, I have taught Literacy and English As A Second Language.
I am a hands on educator who has implemented learning centers in all academic areas to tap into students individual interests and learning styles. All areas of the arts are also integrated into these learning centers. I get greagt satisfaction in seeing the academic, emotional and social growth that students achieve over the academic year.