• Good Morning Museum School 25

    Friday, June 5, 2020

     

    Please stand for the pledge of allegiance

     

     

    The Weather Channel Daily Report

     

    There will be scattered thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread this afternoon. High 78F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. This evening there will be thunderstorms early, then cloudy skies after midnight. Low 67F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%

    Mr. Creazzos Outstanding Owls

     Kindergarten

    Dominic P.

     

    Grade 1 & 2

    Sally A.

    Anchina B.

    Ahmand A.

    Yara A.

    Roger M.

    April A.

    Anelis D.

    Fareedah A.

    Elier G.

     

    Grade 3 & 4

    Hendrick R.

    Chelsea O.

    Mirithila Banik

    Krisha Patel

    Amane Adjei

     

    Grade 5 & 6

    Alana S.

    AJose M.

    Katie R.

    Johallin C.

     

    NATIONAL DOUGHNUT DAY

     

    Each year on the first Friday in June, people participate in National Doughnut or Donut Day, celebrating the doughnut and honoring the Salvation Army Lassies. The Salvation Army Lassies are the women who served doughnuts to soldiers during WWI.

    In 1917, the original “Salvation Army Doughnut” was first served by the ladies of the Salvation Army. It was during WWI that the Salvation Army Lassies went to the front lines of Europe. Home-cooked foods, provided by these brave volunteers, were a morale boost to the troops.

    I, Too
    Langston Hughes
     - 1902-1967

     


    I, too, sing America.

    I am the darker brother.
    They send me to eat in the kitchen
    When company comes,
    But I laugh,
    And eat well,
    And grow strong.

    Tomorrow,
    I'll be at the table
    When company comes.
    Nobody'll dare
    Say to me,
    “Eat in the kitchen,”
    Then.

    Besides,
    They'll see how beautiful I am
    And be ashamed—

    I, too, am America.

    Have a Fantastic Friday and an even better weekend everyone!

     

    Students! Check your teacher’s webpage daily for lessons and other important information.

  • GOOD MORNING MUSEUM SCHOOL 25

    THURSDAY, JUNE 4, 2020

    PLEASE STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

    THE WEATHER CHANNEL DAILY REPORT

    There will be cloudy skies early in the day, then partly cloudy this afternoon. High 88F.  Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.  In the evening you can expect thunderstorms. Low 67F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

    THE OUTSTANDING OWLS IN
    MRS. BRANLEYS CLASS

    We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the 1st graders in Mrs. Branleysclass who have consistently done their work in the month of May.  They have truly gone the distance during this time of distance learning.   They know with great effort comes great success.  Congratulations, keep up the good work.

    Mrs. Branley

    Fareedah A.
    Nolan A.

    Sally A.

    Janelle A.

    Miguel C. 

    Dyseem D.

    Nayeli G.

    Paige J.

    Jesus M.

    Amir O.

    Damian P.

    Genesis P.

    Makayla S.

    NATIONAL CHEESE DAY

    MOOOOVE OVER WHINERS! JUNE 4TH IS NATIONAL CHEESE DAY!

    AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CHEESE WILL COVER THE ALPHABET AND BROADEN YOUR VOCABULARY. IT WILL UNDOUBTEDLY CONTAIN MORE VARIETIES OF CHEESE THAN WHATS FOUND AT THE LOCAL GROCER. CHEESE IS PRODUCED FROM THE PRESSED CURDS OF MILK. THE MILK CAN COME FROM COWS, BUFFALO, GOATS, OR SHEEP. TEMPERATURE AND AGING AFFECT THE FLAVOR AND TEXTURE OF THE CHEESE, AS WELL AS SPICES AND OTHER SEASONINGS ADDED DURING THE PROCESS.

    HAVE A THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY EVERYONE!

    Students! Check your teacher’s webpage daily for lessons and other important information.

  • GOOD MORNING MUSEUM SCHOOL 25

    WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2020

    PLEASE STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

    THE WEATHER CHANNEL DAILY REPORT

    There will be isolated thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread and strong in the afternoon. Damaging winds and large hail with some storms. High 84F.  Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.  There will be thunderstorms during the evening  which will give way to partly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 64F.  Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

    NATIONAL EGG DAY

    JUNE 3RD IS TIME TO GET A CRACK ON THE ANNUAL OBSERVANCE OF NATIONAL EGG DAY!

    ONE EGG PROVIDES AN EXCELLENT SOURCE OF PROTEIN AND VITAMIN D.  AT 75 CALORIES AND 5 GRAMS OF FAT,  ITS AN EASY CHOICE TO SATISFY HUNGER, TOO. EGGS ARE EASILY SEASONED AND PAIR WELL WITH VEGETABLES TO INCREASE THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF A MEAL.

    EGGS ARE AN ESSENTIAL INGREDIENT TO BAKED GOODS AND ARE A PART OF OUR EVERYDAY DIETS. THERES SO MUCH TO CELEBRATE IN THESE SMALL PACKAGES.

    HAVE A WONDERFULLY, WACKY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!

    Students! Check your teacher’s webpage daily for lessons and other important information.

  • GOOD MORNING MUSEUM SCHOOL 25

    FRIDAY, MAY 29,2020

    PLEASE STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

    THE WEATHER CHANNEL DAILY REPORT

    There will be cloudy skies this morning followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. High around 80F.  Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.  In the evening there will be scattered thunderstorms. Low 68F.  Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

    TOP HEADLINES
    ONLINE SCHOOL CHOICE

    The School Choice Process for the 2020-2021 school year concluded/ended on February 22, 2020.

    Yonkers Public Schools offers you and your child many exciting educational options.
    The Online School Choice Process is a key component that takes place once a year.
    To take advantage of these opportunities, you must actively participate in the process. To participate in the School Choice Process, your child must be registered prior to commencement of the School Choice period.
    A Parent Support Center with knowledgeable staff and computers is available to assist parents/guardians in the Student Enrollment office at One Larkin Center.
    The School District reserves the right to place students based on the seating capacity in the selected school and grade, school or program admission requirements, as well as sibling and attendance zone preference.
    The District notifies parents and students by mail of their September school assignment by the end of June.

    NATIONAL PAPERCLIP DAY