Phone: (914) 376-8345
Degrees and Certifications:
I hope the following information and material will help you become familiar with our program, my expectations, and the students’ responsibilities. As you know, the beginning of school can be a very exciting time for students. As we work together on this transformation, I know that I can look forward to your cooperation and communication. With these ingredients, this year will not only be a rewarding one for you and your child, but one he/she will always remember. My goal is to provide all students with an enriched academic program that fosters creativity, high level thinking and hands on learning.
On average, it should take your child no more than 30-60 minutes to complete the assignments. This will also include your child’s reading log. After you have checked that the assignments are completed please sign the Homework Book. If your child does not complete an assignment he/she will have to complete the assignment during recess and if needed at home that night. Please remember that all work is to be completed on the due date. This will also affect his/her grade in the subject area. If your child is absent, it is his/her responsibility to make up the work within a reasonable amount of time (depending on circumstances).
- Grades are based on homework, class work, tests and participation.
- Listening and following directions are important developmental skills- please encourage your child to listen well.
- Reading for pleasure is a part of every day. Your child must read at least 30 minutes a night to help reinforce reading skills. The reading log needs to be signed each night.
- If possible, please do not schedule doctor appointments during school time, as your child misses valuable instruction. Please send in all absent notes a.s.a.p.
- Point sheets must be signed every night. This is a vital tool in keeping teacher/parent communication open.
- You can send in snack for your child on a daily basis.
I look forward to a wonderful year with you and your child.