School Choice Process February 8-22, 2020
The annual School Choice Process for September 2020 gets underway Saturday, February 8, 2020, and continues until 1:00PM Saturday, February 22, 2020. School Choice applications are submitted online only. Families currently eligible to apply for September 2020 will receive details via postal mail beginning the week of January 27, 2020.
The School Choice Journey 2020-2021 Travel Guide Prekindergarten – Grade 12 will be mailed to all families currently eligible to apply for September 2020 school placements.
Beginning the week of February 3, 2020, the School Choice Information Packets will be mailed ONLY to:
- Students registered new for September 2020, and
- Currently enrolled students in transition grades 8, 6 & 5:
- 8th graders – except for currently enrolled students at Palisade Preparatory School and Yonkers Montessori Academy they remain in their schools through graduation
- 6th graders in prekindergarten to grade 6 schools except for those at Montessori Schools 27 and 31, they are assigned to Yonkers Montessori Academy
- Except 5th graders at Museum School 25 and School 17, they are assigned to Yonkers Middle High Schools for grades 6 through 8, and
- Except 2nd graders at Yonkers Early Childhood Academy, they are assigned to Cross Hill Academy for grades 3 through 8
Parents who need help with the online application can call, email or stop by Student Enrollment located at the Board of Education throughout the School Choice Process. The Center is equipped with computers, Internet access, and staff to assist. Student Enrollment will be open Saturdays February 15 and 22 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please note that new students for September 2020 must register as soon as possible. To register, parents must first complete the online application and call Student Enrollment at 914-376-8050 to schedule an appointment to finalize their document review to complete their child’s registration.
Parents of current students who want to request a transfer for their child in grades not eligible to participate in the School Choice process may complete a Transfer Request between March 15 and April 15, 2020. This is an online form that will be available on the District website.