Travel During Thanksgiving
Yonkers Public Schools is grateful for the success we have had keeping the number of positive COVID-19 cases very low in our schools. This was accomplished with everyone’s support and cooperation, as well as the mitigation, testing and vaccine opportunities made available to our students and staff. Thank you and please continue your efforts.
If you plan on traveling over Thanksgiving recess, remember our District follows the guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and New York State’s Department of Health. COVID-19 is once again on the rise across the world. It’s everyone’s responsibility to continue to do their best to protect each other.
If you travel over the Thanksgiving holiday, continue to follow all CDC travel recommendations that include wearing a mask and taking other precautions during domestic travel and international travel.
For Domestic Travel before students return to school on Monday, November 29th, please do the following:
- If you are fully vaccinated, self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have symptoms or were exposed to someone who is positive, self-quarantine and get tested.
- If you are NOT vaccinated, stay home, get tested with a viral test 3 to 5 days after you return home, and self-quarantine for a full 7 days even if you test negative.
- If you don’t get tested, self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
For International Travel before students return to school on Monday, November 29th, please:
- Follow the same requirements for domestic travel, listed above.
- In addition, if you are fully vaccinated, self-quarantine and get tested with a viral test 3 to 5 days after you return.