Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. D Angelo
Welcome to 2020-2021 Health Education with Mr. D'Angelo!
This year we will begin with remote instruction using Microsoft Teams.
Please log on to the Microsoft Teams app during your scheduled Health Education period!!
Section 8-1 Period 4 A Day
Section 8-2 Period 4 B Day
Section 7-1 Period 8 A Day
Section 7-2 Period 8 B Day
This course is designed to engage students in activities that foster the development of each individual's physical, mental, and emotional well-being leading to the adoption of effective health behaviors. A student-centered approach used in this course provides students the opportunity for accepting personal responsibility for a healthy, active lifestyle throughout their lifetime This course will guide students through the many dimensions of wellness, as well as encourage students to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Students will develop skills needed in confronting difficult situations; understand health prevention and promotion techniques that will establish a solid personal health education; and become health literate in making positive and healthy decisions.
The students will be able to develop the following:
- an interest in the promotion of health and wellness
- the motivation to participate fully in all aspects of physical education
- effective communication strategies, verbal, non-verbal and written
- the skills and understanding necessary to participate successfully in a variety of physical activities, for example, learning, practicing, refining, adapting, thinking, & interacting
- an understanding of international perspectives on physical activity, sport and health education
If you or your parent/guardian have questions, comments, and concerns,
please feel free to email me at Cdangelo1@yonkerspublicschools.org