This is Scholastic Academy for Academic Excellence
STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Students pledge themselves to a code of hard work and consistent effort
- Multiple Intelligences philosophy builds on students’ strengths in the exploration and discovery of the world of science
- STEM ensures students become ethical thinkers and problem solvers who excel in competitive academic environments
- Early readiness program in prekindergarten and kindergarten develops students’ natural scientific curiosity and offers hands-on engineering activities
- Parents as Partners Program embraces parents as active members with teachers and administrators in their child’s success
- Literacy rich environments that promote a love of reading and writing and the development of crucial thinking skills
- Yonkers MBK 6th - 8th grade students inspiring, setting goals and building a positive brotherhood of lifelong learners.
- My Sister’s Keeper (MSK) 4th-8th designed to inspire, through building a positive sisterhood of life-long learner through positive experiences.
- Design by Inquiry Model
- Academics by Design: partnerships with community-based organizations to support inquiry design STEM inspired project-based learning opportunities including BEZACK-Curb Environmental Program. Building initiatives include Thinking Maps, Explicit Instruction, Multi-Tiered System of Support, Positive Behavioral Strategies (PBIS) and Restorative Practices
- Community by Design: offers wrap-around services for students including dental, mental health services through WJCS including behavioral screening and onsite counseling for our families, family engagement opportunities, family engagement opportunities and adult ESL classes in Partnership with VIVE. We also have a Health and Wellness Focus on mindfulness, healthy eating and wellness activities
- Professional Development by Design: provides ongoing support for teachers on academic initiatives through Thinking Maps, Accountable Talk and Academic Rigor as well as ongoing parent workshops through our Title I and Title III teams and WJCS