Phone: (914) 376-8420
Degrees and Certifications:
NYS Certified Pre-K- 6th Elementary Education NYS Certified Bilingual School Psychologist
Mrs. Fernandez, Pupil Support Team Member
WELCOME BACK 2021-2022
I am very happy to be back at Scholastic Academy 5 days a week. Pupil Support Team Meetings will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in person or via Zoom.
LET'S TALK SUMMER WELLNESS -A mental health and wellness toolkit for families and youth
WELCOME BACK 2020-2021
I hope this message finds your family safe and healthy. To all of our families that continue working to staff public works, hospitals, pharmacies, grocery stores, restaurants and other essential jobs, thank you! We must also celebrate all the families that are helping to support their child's learning at this time!!
As parents/caregivers it is important for us to model healthy coping skills. We can do this by remembering to do the following first ourselves:
For your child(ren) please:
-Help to maintain a structured but flexible routine of daily habits such as:
- heathy hygiene (bathing, brushing, changing clothes),
- healthy eating (stay hydrated, fruits, veggies, Vitamin C),
- schoolwork (paper and pencil as well as educational applications),
- physical activity (Yoga, exercise YouTube videos, GoNoodle),
- creative time (drawing, coloring, building, singing, dancing, playing an instrument)
- and most important family bonding time (watching a fun movie together, calling family members to check-in, playing a board/card game).
-In addition, staying connected with classmates by phone or video chat can help to reassure them that their friends are safe and that they are all in this together. Reach out to teachers to help you connect!
-If you need assistance with social/emotional and local community resources, please check this school website under the "Services" tab for detailed information.
-If you suspect your child is struggling emotionally or behaviorally with adjusting please do not hesitate to email me. Please remember that the members of the Scholastic Pupil Support Team (PST) are here to help!
This too shall pass.