for Parents/Hybrid Students
- Parents must complete the Covid Questionnaire Form for their child before they arrive to school. The form can be found on the School 9 Webpage.
- Track A students- Monday and Tuesday; Track B students- Thursday and Friday
Please note the Arrival and Dismissal time and location
- Location/Arrival Fairview Street Ramp @ 8:45am
- Location/Dismissal Fairview Street Ramp @3:00pm
- All students working remotely from home should log on to TEAMS by 8:45 for daily expectations and assignments.
Welcome to Sixth Grade with
Ms. Payano and Mr. Jaxel
Join us on Teams @ 8:35
Live Instruction begins at 8:45, Monday-Friday
Ms. Payano's 6P ELA and SS Class
ELA 9:10am -10:10am
Mr. Jaxel's 6P Math and Science Class
Ms. Payano and Mr. Jaxel 's Class Meeting
Restorative Practice/SEL Check-in/Closing:
LUNCH 12:30pm- 1:30pm
8:35- 9:30- Attendance, Morning Work, ELA/Math (TEAMS Live Instruction)
9:35-10:05- Independent Work/Assignments
10:05-11:05- ELA/Math (TEAMS Live Instruction)
11:05- 12:05- Independent Work/Assignments
12:05- 1:05- LUNCH
1:05-3:15- Independent Work/Assignments
Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome Class of 2027!!!
My name is Ms. Payano and I have been a part of the School 9 community since 2016. This is my 5th year teaching six grade. Before I joined the School 9 community, I was teaching in The Bronx for five years. Teaching is my passion and I enjoy the benefits of seeing my students reach their goals academically, socially and emotionally. I look forward to working with my six graders and supporting them to become life-long learners.
This year six grade will be using Microsoft Teams for virtual lessons and assignments. Please check out Understanding Microsoft Teams/Office 365 Page to watch a video on how Microsoft Teams works and to help you understand the features and layout of Teams/Office 365. We will also use other platforms such as Clever and NearPods. Please note that Mr. Jaxel and I will use ClassDojo as another means of communication. If you have any questions, concerns or need additional support with assignments, I am available via email between 8:15am - 3:15pm, Monday-Friday at email@example.com
Important: Please use the link below to complete "Virtual Emergency Card".
Remote Learning Supply List for ELA and SS (subject to change when hybrid instruction begins)
- Electronic Device (such as Chromebooks, Ipad, tablet, laptop)
- Composition Notebook for Morning Writing Journal
- 2 Folders, (1) for ELA, (1) for SS
- Loose-leaf paper