Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten
My name is Sandi Fanek and I am excited to be your child's teacher. This is my 21st year teaching in the Yonkers Public Schools. This is my 20th year here at School 9. I have had the opportunity to teach Pre-K, 3rd and 6th grade throughout my career. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my husband, my son, and our dog Princess Bella.
I look forward to working in collaboration with students and their families to ensure the academic success of all my students in Pre-K. It is imperative that we all work together as a team in order to help make this happen. Assignments will be posted on my class page (on the left under assignments) and on Seesaw (our learning platform). If you have questions, concerns, or need help with assigned work please email me email@example.com or contact me through ClassDojo. I will be available Monday-Friday from 8:35-3:15. I am looking forward to a fun and exciting school year, both virtually and in person.
HYBRID IN-PERSON LEARNING STARTS MONDAY 10/5!
* TRACK A - Students in Track A attend school in person on Monday & Tuesday and will login to Teams virtually on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
* TRACK B - Students in Track B attend school in person on Thursday & Friday, and will login in to Teams virtually on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
* TRACK D - Track D are Virtual and will login to Teams Monday-Friday
DAILY VIRTUAL SCHEDULE
* Monday, Tueday, Thursday and Friday Teams meeting scheduled for 9:30 and 1:30. Also, Daily Morning Check-In's and activities to be completed on Seesaw
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURE
Arrival: 8:35 AM at the Waring Street entrance. PLEASE BE ON TIME TO AVOID CROWDING!
Dismissal: 3:05 PM same area as arrival time- PLEASE BE ON TIME TO AVOID CROWDING!
PARENTS, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE COVID FORM EVERY DAY FOR YOUR CHILD BEFORE ENTRY
NO CHILD WILL BE PERMITTED IN SCHOOL WITHOUT THIS FORM. NO CHILD WILL BE PERMITTED IN SCHOOL WITH A TEMP OF 99.9 OR HIGHER.
* STUDENTS MUST WEAR MASKS
* VIRTUAL STUDENTS: Please check your Teams Calendar daily and join our Teams Meetings on-time with materials ready each day. Check Seesaw for daily assignments and check-ins as well as Class Dojo
* Please bring in a daily water bottle, labeled Snack (separate from lunch), and if you are sending in a lunch please send it in a paper bag (no lunch boxes).
* Please note that we are doing the best we can to provide quality education and effective instruction to your child. We understand that we are all going through an uncertain time and schedules and routines may continue to change daily. However, we have your child's best interest at heart! I appreciate your patience, understanding, and support during this time.
Digital Emergency Cards:
*Important* - Please complete the digital emergency cards as soon as possible. Thank you!
Click - Emergency Card Link
Clever Login Information:
Parents/Guardians - Your child's login information for Clever, Seesaw, Microsoft Office and Teams are all the same. All Applications can be accessed directly from the Clever page.
Your child's username is their 6 digit school ID# followed by @yonkerspublicschools.org
Password is their 8 digit birthday. For example 09032020 (month/day/year)
Please email if you need your child's school ID number.
Click - Teams
Watch this video to learn how to navigate Microsoft Teams
Watch this video to learn about Seesaw (our main learning platform)
Degrees and Certifications: