Degrees and Certifications:
B.S., Communication Sciences & Disorders M.S., Speech Language Pathology PRAXIS II Certification, Speech Pathology Certificate of Clinical Competency, ASHA Teacher of Students with Speech & Language Disabilities
Deana Marie Ureña, M.S., CCC-SLP
Welcome to Speech Language Therapy
My name is Deana Marie Ureña, Casimir Pulaski's School Speech-Language Pathologist. This is my fifth year working as an SLP in Yonkers Public Schools, and my third year at Pulaski. I received my Bachelor's Degree at Pace University in Communication Sciences and Disorders in 2012. I obtained my Master of Science at Mercy College in Speech Language Pathology in 2014. I also hold my Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC-SLP), PRAXIS II Certification and my Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TSSLD) license to practice in NYS. I am your child's SLP for the 2019-2020 school year.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I understand this is not the way we expected to end our school year. However, I am so proud of how much we have accomplished through this virtual learning experience. I thank you all for your hard work and efforts during this difficult time.
If you haven't done so already, please check your emails for summer work and certificates!
I am wishing you all a happy and healthy summer, spent with close family and friends. #PULASKISTRONG
Elementary Students (Kindergarten - 5th Grade)
* Please see the "Assignments" tab on the left side of the screen for weekly assignments.
* I have also created an online program on Education.com, which can also be downloaded as an app (Brainzy) for Android or Apple electronics for my Speech students. I have personalized an account tailored to your child's grade-level reading and writing skills. These tasks target many of your child's speech objectives; including articulation, phonology, receptive/expressive and pragmatic language skills. Using this program, I am able to monitor your child's progress as they complete each level. I will be updating and reviewing assignments weekly.
How to Access Your Child's Account:
- Log in and access your child's account at the following link: Education.com Program
- Enter the Access Code provided for you via email (example: 1a2b3c)
- Download the app (recommended)
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS (6th - 8th Grade)
*Please see the "Assignments" tab on the left side of your screen. Complete all weekly assignments for the current week. These assignments are mandatory and I will be checking them daily.
*We will also be using Microsoft Teams for daily corrsepondance. Please have your child submit all work by the end of the week, via Teams or email@example.com
If you have any questions at all regarding your child's program, please contact me via email. I will be on the lookout!