J Catalfumo (science)
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. J Catalfumo (Mr. C)
THE MASTER SCHEDULE IS POSTED TO THE LEFT
ALL ASSIGNMENTS ARE POSTED HERE IN THE BLUE MENU ON THE FAR LEFT
In the event that you cannot find the meeting you are expected to keep current perform and submit all work according to the posted due dates.
PLEASE CONTACT ME EXCLUSIVELY ON MY EMAIL: email@example.com
I RESPOND TO EMAILS WITHIN 2 SCHOOL DAYS (frequently sooner)
please DO NOT CONTACT ME ON TEAMS CHAT THIS IS TO BE USED ONLY DURING CLASS TIME
ALL grades are found on the:
POWER SCHOOL PARENT/STUDENT PORTAL under the students name.
Anything less than a 50 can be redone before the end of the marking period.
*** IF ANY MAKEUP WORK IS HANDED IN YOU MUST EMAIL ME AND TELL ME YOUR:
1) FIRST AND LAST NAME
2) CLASS #
3) the EXACT NAME of the ASSIGNMENT
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENTS
Many of my assignments can be found on CLEVER...HERE'S HELP SIGNING IN https://www.yonkerspublicschools.org/clever
other assignments can be found on Microsoft Teams
LINKS TO Microsoft Teams by class:
Welcome back to school
I regret that I am unable to meet any of you personally (yet)
I am Mr J. Catalfumo I have been teaching for a time in excess of 25 years
After being a Psychotherapist for the first half of my career working with (among others) families and adolescents. I have continued to specialize in the Living Environment sciences.
I look forward to meeting you.
A NOTE ABOUT "DISTANCE LEARNING"
DONT PANIC....This school year poses some unique challenges for all of us. This format is new to EVERYONE.
Where possible i will post links and/or explicit instructions on how to access work and meetings on microsoft teams.
I will not hold students responsible for work that they cannot access
Unresponsive Links, network difficulties and all sorts of unforseen "things" will undoubtedly happen. Please be assured that we will get through this together and learning will take place.
Upon the return to the school building, here are my Expectations and supply requirements:
Classroom procedures and expectations
SCHOOL BEGINS at 8:30
*dress according to the code of conduct
*be on time according to the schedule
The Master Schedule is posted above
- You are required to keep a dedicated science notebook
- All handouts and class work (including notes) goes into this notebook and this notebook will be periodically graded
- You have homework EVERY NIGHT. Your standing homework every night in addition to other assignments is to copy over your classroom notes and come in with any questions.
- You are required to participate in all classroom activities and labs
- You are required to study for written exams
- For those taking Living Environment, please know that the state requires you to complete the lab hours before you are allowed to take the Living Environment Regent's exam
- Students will be required to use classroom knowledge, previous knowledge and critical thinking to produce projects that demonstrate a deeper understanding of scientific concepts as per the YPS standards
- You are expected to come to class every day and are required to make up all missing work. In the event that you are absent, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find out what you missed and to submit any assignments due on that day.
Rules for the Classroom
- One person at a time will speak. Raise your hand to answer a question or add something to the classroom discussion
- Respect other people's property and well-being.
- Be prepared: NOTEBOOKS, pens pencils for tests, etc.
- You may not leave your seat without permission.
- No cell phones or electronic devices as per school rules
- Good behavior is rewarded according to PBIS initiatives with special privileges and activities
- Please bring colored markers, pencils or crayons
**In the event of my absence, a substitute will work with the class based on work I have provided.