Welcome to Students with Disabilities Distance Learning!
Access navigation links from the menu on the left from a desktop or laptop. On a mobile phone? Access the links from the PAGES menu above.
Resources for Students with Disabilities (SWD) are separated into two categories:.
SWD: General Education Assessment
- Make sure to visit the District Online Resources for ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies. These resources are designed to help your child access materials aligned to their grade level
- Utilize information in your child’s IEP to assist with supports your child may need
- View the UDL Guidelines for additional support in how your child may learn
- Utilize the simulation videos to hear from children how they learn and hear professionals discuss tips to work with your child
In addition to these materials, you will find digital resources on Clever. Applications on Clever such as Read Theory, Duolingo, and Sumdog provide individualized instruction through computer adaptive learning, instantaneous feedback, and progress monitoring.
SWD: Alternate Assessment:
- Your child may need additional support to access learning targets. Click here to learn about New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA)
- NYSAA Parent’s Guide English
- NYSAA Parent’s Guide Spanish
- You can see previous released samples of NYSAA by grade level and content are (ELA, Math, Science)- and read, discuss with your child Released Testlets For NYSAA
- General link- parents can select which testlets
- Here are free adapted books and instructional materials to engage with your child.
- Encourage your child to point to pictures, make gestures and or imitate words.
- Tar Heel Reader