Physical Education Policies & Procedures
- Students are expected to be present in class everyday they have physical education. They are expected to also be prepared for class with the proper footwear. Students are to wear sneakers with rubber soles. No boots, flats, heels or open toes shoes. The sneakers must have laces.
- Students are expected to participate every day at a high level. They will be graded based upon effort, never on ability.
- Upon arrival into the gymnasium the students will have to hand in their cell phones. Each student will be given a specific number in the cell phone chart. They will place the phone in the chart and the chart will be held in a safe location for the period. If a student refuses to hand in their phone they will not be allowed into the gymnasium.
- No students will be allowed use of the locker rooms. They will be locked and remain locked throughout the day.
- After entering the gym and placing their phone in the phone chart. Students will put their personal belongings in their teacher’s designated area for storage during class time.
- After placing their person belongings in the storage area, students should begin the warm-up.
- If a student is unprepared for class or is medically unable to participate they will be given a written assignment for the period. The unprepared will be logged in PowerSchool.
- One student at a time, per class is allowed to leave the gymnasium and use the bathroom. Students must ask their teacher to use the bathroom, when allowed they sign the destination log at the gymnasium office and take the bathroom pass.