Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Victoria Butler
Weekly Update for 1/18/21 IMPORTANT: This week, Cohort A will attend in school on Tuesday and Wednesday due to the holiday. *Wednesday 1/20 will follow a MONDAY SCHEDULE. Cohort B will remain the same, Thursday and Friday.
Here are several important reminders and instructions for you to read. STUDENT SHOULD CHECK THE WORKPLAN and THE TEAMS CALENDAR Daily for MEETING TIMES and Assignments DAILY. COHORT (A- Monday/Tuesday) (B- Thursday/Friday) or (D- a Remote Learner). Wednesday is Remote for all in our class. Please continue to be patient and flexible.
- School begins at 8:35A.M. and ends at 3:00 P.M. for all Cohorts (dismissal for in-person students may be a few minutes earlier, beginning at 2:45 P.M.).
- As per the Yonkers Public Schools expectations, all students should be engaged in online learning with the camera on their device throughout the entirety of all LIVE Teams lessons.
As you begin your day:
- Students should go to Clever first thing every morning to read the ANNOUNCEMENT for information and instructions about the day. This Changes Daily.
- Students should then open and follow the Weekly Workplan Schedule throughout the day to view meeting times and assignments. (Link is Posted on Clever & Above)
- Next, students should go to Microsoft 365 to check their email (Outlook) and check their Calendar (TEAMS) for a schedule of LIVE meetings for the day (the Workplan Schedule may not include meetings with other teachers so the Calendar is important).
All remote learners should continue to attend the LIVE meetings on TEAMS every morning at 9:00 AM (except Wednesday). Information about the day, assignments and Live lesson times will be reviewed at that time. Changes in the schedule will be posted accordingly in the Clever Announcement and Teams updates are generally automated to students and can be seen in their Activity Tab or Outlook page. Meetings are also posted on the student's Teams Calendar. Students should be completing all work listed daily on the Weekly Workplan Schedule independently during non-Live learning periods. If additional time is needed, students should aim to complete all assignments by Friday. If your child is following this schedule and struggling to complete the work, please reach out and let me know so we can discuss this further.
A few important general reminders:
- Your child will need access to a computer, laptop, or tablet daily.
- S/he will need 1 notebook and a pencil to write down pertinent information (for now). See the Hybrid Opening Letter for Additional Supplies Requested.
- S/he must have a school Office 365 outlook email account.
- S/he must access CLEVER on a daily basis. The username is the 6-digit school ID @yonkerspublicschools.org and the password is his/her birthday (MM/DD/YYYY).
- **I have your child’s 6-digit ID number if you need it, reach out.
- Parents, Email communication is extremely important. PARENTS- Please check and read your email daily.
- Your child must attend all TEAMS meetings appropriately dressed with the camera on.
Parents, please complete the Yonkers Public Schools Virtual Emergency Card for each of your children. Click for Virtual Emergency Card
I will continue to keep in touch with updates as we continue this transition. Parents, please be flexible. Things are subject to change from day to day or even minute to minute. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to text or call at 914-353-5918. I do not have a voicemail on this number, but you can text me a message that you are trying to reach me. Just put your name or your child’s name in the text.