WELCOME TO SPEECH AND LANGUAGE
Degrees and Certifications:
I truly hope that this finds everyone safe and healthy. This is a crazy time and we will get through this together.
I have attached the links to a few websites to my 'assignment' link. These are a few that I have found to be very useful. I urge you to check them out. Some of them can lead you to other windows which would cover different skills. I will continue to add them in the next few days.
I miss you all so much and hope that everyone is keeping up with their work and staying healthy! We will all get through this together!
Remember to copy the link and then ad it to your search bar. Simply clicking on the link doesn't seem to take you there.
I will be available for you if you need me Monday through Friday from 9:00 -12:30. I will be checking my emails frequently and will answer any questions or concerns the best that i can.
Email me if you have any problems or questions!
Daily tips for maintaining great speech and language skills!
1. Continue to ask lots of questions! Don't accept yes or no as a reply! ASK FOR DETAILS!
2. Look through various magazines - talk about the pictures - ask questions about the pictures
3. play the game -"would you rather be a.....' would you rather eat a ___ or a _____, live on a beach or at the mountain? require an explanation
4. Play a board game to practice turntaking skills.
5. Pick a letter and have your child find things in your home that start with that letter.
6. Choose an item in your home and ask your child to name at least 5 details about that item - color, use, function, where did it come from, who bought/brought it? Where can we get another one if needed.
7. If you are able to, FACETIME with a family member or friend - have your child initate the call and ask followup questions.
8. Have fun with all these ideas
Also - Visit a virtual aquarium! - my favorite is the George Aquarium - go to their website and click on the webcam link on top of the page. It's a live webcam so you can see the action!