G7 Intermediate - Welcome to my Teacher Page!
Phone: (914) 376-8623
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree: BS in Psychology Master's Degree: Childhood Education Grades 1-6 Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6
Mrs. Kennedy & Ms. Guzman
Welcome back 5th and 6th grade families and a special welcome to my new 4th grade families! This is not the September we imagined, but I hope to make it a memorable one. I am asking all students to attend their daily virtual meetings on Microsoft Teams starting at 9:30 daily @ Daily Microsoft Teams Meeting. They can also sign on to TEAMS via the Microsoft Office App using the Clever Link. They can also see the Teams Meeting calendar reminder in the top right corner of the screen and can click that to join. I know many of you and your children are familiar with this from last year. However, if you need a refresher course, I have attached directions for helping your child access their email to this webpage under Computer Passwords and Log in information. They also appear on my Clever Home Page.
Every week, I will be available to assist families who are having technical difficulties for the first hour of each day from 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM. Hopefully, we will be all set soon and everyone will be able to access TEAMS and their e-mail.
Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Make sure your child has a computer/laptop/ or tablet with an internet connection, a camera, and a speaker. They may need headphones if there is background noise. If your child is using an iPad, you will not be able to access all of the features of TEAMS and some of the applications assigned.
- Have your child log into their Clever account using their 6-digit id @yonkerspublicschools.org . Your child’s password is their birthdate in numeric form: MM/DD/YYYY. (Same Password for Microsoft 365)
- Once on Clever, your child has access to Microsoft Office 365. On Microsoft 365, your child can access their email account and the Teams application.
- Provide your child with a pencil and paper for each Teams meeting.
- Remind your child to check their email before each meeting to accept their invitation. They can join through their email or on Teams.
- If you or your child does not know or remember their 6 digit ID number, please email me asap so I can provide it to you.
- Your child needs to have their camera on once they turn on their device.
- If you still need an electronic device and have not contacted me already, please let me know as soon as possible.
- I will be in touch with more information about our daily schedule, supplies and other information by the end of the week. The first two week’s schedules are different from the typical daily schedule. For our first week it is important that the children meet as a whole group so we can build our full classroom community. This will also allow me the time to teach your child how to use TEAMS and Microsoft Office 365. The children will be using the, “Whole Class,” Team for most of this first few weeks. This week we will begin to use our Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, and Sixth Grade Teams as we begin lessons geared toward specific grade levels at a time.
For additional instructions on how to log into TEAMS and other applications, check out The Electronic Learning Page on Montessori 31's website: Instructional Videos for current applications - TEAMS etc.
Feel free to reach out with questions. I am sure you all have many questions as do I. I want to thank you in advance for your patience, understanding, and flexibility, as plans are subject to change from day-to-day. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!