I would like to wish the 6th grade a very happy and enjoyable summer. Although we did not complete the full year, I want to thank you for being a great class. Please stay safe and I will see you in September.
REMINDER: During the Summer months, please choose 2 books from the YPS reading list. You must complete 2 reports which will be collected when we return to school. The book list can be found at yonkerspublicschools.org/summerreading.
Memorial Day Assignment: Write an essay of at least 3 paragraphs. Included in your essay should be the following information:
1) Describe the history of Memorial Day as a national holiday (include facts and dates)
2) Explain the importance of honoring soldiers who have fought and died for our country.
3) Research 2 monuments built to honor fallen soldiers. You can focus your research on Yonkers monuments or in other places around the country.
Reminder to students: Please utilize all the resources to practice ELA skills such as IReady, Castle Learning, and CommonLit. Each one of these sites focuses on different skills, so using all three will help increase your overall literacy skills.
I have added Freckle to your list of choices on Clever. By using this website, students can practice their literacy and comprehension skills.
Please look into OpenLibrary.org if you are in need of a chapter book for your book reports
1) Please log into Clever and use IReady to find stories to practice during this time at home
2) Please continue to read chapter books and follow this format to do your book reports:
-Take notes while reading each chapter.
-write a report that includes the characters, settings, plot, and theme.
All book reports can be completed in a notebook which will be checked when we return to school.
Book report should be completed by April 22nd!
I hope my students and their families are doing well during this difficult time. Please know that I miss my class and can't wait until we see each other again and talk about all the stories we have from being stuck at home. I look forward to that day.
Please stay well and hope to see you soon!!!
Degrees and Certifications:
My available hours will be from 9-10 A.M. and from 1-3 in the afternoon.