First Grade-Mrs. Figueroa
Degrees and Certifications:
*Duel certified in Elementary and Special Education *Masters in Reading
Then type in your child's I.D.@yonkerspublicschools.org- Example:email@example.com
Next type in your child's birthday-Example: 03202015
My name is Christine Figueroa and I will be your child's first grade teacher. The 2020-2021 school year will be my 22nd year teaching at School 16. I have taught grades Pre-k-3rd grade.
I have two children of my own. Samantha, who is 11 and will be going into Middle School and Madison, who is 5 and will be going into Kindergarten. My husband is also a teacher in Yonkers and teaches fifth grade. I enjoy spending time with my family along with traveling. Our favorite places to visit are Disney World and the Atlantis in the Bahamas.
This year we will build on all the skills your child learned last year. My goal is to create a stressfree, fun learning environment. I believe that as long as the children try their best, then they will succeed!
In order to access Teams, follow the steps below or watch the following video!
1. Please log on to your child's Clever Account:
Username: 6 - digit student i.d.@yonkerspublicschools.org- example- firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Child's birthday- Example- 03202015
***In order to be successful for Remote Learning, please have the following supplies ready at home by Tuesday:
Please remember to label ALL of your child’s supplies
- 1 box of pencils
- 1 or 2 glue sticks
- 1 box of crayons, colored pencils, & markers
Bring to School:
Please remember to put your child’s name on EVERYTHING
- Towel or small blanket to use outside
- Ziplock bag with child’s 2 favorite books. Ziplock bag with coloring book and/or a small toy (example, barbie or small action figures)
- Small tissue packets to leave in their bookbag
- If bringing lunch from home IT MUST be in a paper bag. NO LUNCH BOXES
- Soft pencil case
- Hard pencil case
- 2 notebooks – R&M
- 1 box of pencils (keep 1 box home)
- 1 package of Expo markers
- 1 box of crayons, markers, & colored pencils (keep 1 of each at home.
- 2 glue sticks & 1 scissor (keep other glue stick and scissors at home)
- 1 personal size hand sanitizer to keep in the child’s bookbag
- 1 Clorox Wipe or other cleaning wipe
- 2 masks. One to wear and one to keep in the bookbag
- Daily healthy snack in a paper bag
- Water bottle with child’s name written on it
- 3 folders
- Math book and other materials that you picked up at the school for your child
- Remember to wear layers, we are required to leave the windows opened
Remote Learning Schedule: As our Remote Learning Progresses, our schedule will change to meet the needs of the students.
Monday & Tuesday
Apples are in school
Bananas will work independently until 1:45 pm. Assignments will be posted on Clever.
Bananas will be online at 1:45 pm.
Donuts will be online until 1:45 pm. After 1:45 pm they will be assigned independent work. Assignments will be posted on Clever.
Apples, Bananas, & Donuts will be online until around 9:35 am and then will be assigned independent work.
Thursday & Friday
Bananas are in school
Apples & Donuts will work independently until 1:45 p.m. Assignments will be posted on Clever.
Apples & Donuts will be online at 1:45 pm.
Specials: Gym, Library, Art, Music (You will receive one special a day at different times. Check the "Prep Schedule" below)- Live Lesson