Mrs. Velez- Camacho
Phone: (914) 376-8350
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Students and Parents!
Welcome to English / Reading and Writing Skills
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year, my name is Mrs. Camacho. I hope that you and your family continue to stay safe and healthy. This year will be an important one in which will define your future. We will continue to adapt to changes together and improve our learning skills to develop a growth mindset. Your role is to learn and to be an active member in this learning community. Your ideas are important; I’d love to hear them, do not be afraid to express them! This class will operate under certain guidelines and rules. All students are subject to those guidelines and rules.
- 1 section in your binder/notebook labeled English or Reading Writing Skill
- 1 folder with pockets
- Pen/Pencil Every Day!
- Class Assignments – All assignments must be completed in class unless it is assigned for homework. In most cases, you will have time in class to complete assignments if not completed then it will be assigned for homework. All students are responsible for the completion of their work.
- Homework- Students are required to review and study coursework that was covered in class that day. When homework is given, please make sure it is completed for the following day for credit. Points will be deducted if homework is not done, regardless of absence unless you have an excused medical note.
- Notebook- A grade will be given for keeping your notebook neat, organized and up to date. I will grade notebooks at least once a quarter. It is an easy way to get an “A” grade if you keep a good notebook.
- Tests and Quizzes- Will be administered regularly; some quizzes may not be announced. In order to perform these assessments, it is important for you to review your notes every night, not just the night before a quiz or test. Tests are to be shared immediately with your parent(s)/guardian(s) after they are returned back to you.
- Projects- Project based learning will be covered, a long-term project will be assigned. Although some projects will include group work, you are responsible for completion of your projects. In order to present your best work, it is essential that you pace yourself and stick to a rubric.
- Attendance- Regular attendance is necessary, to maintain your academic progress and succeed in school. Students are responsible to make up missing work if they are absent.
- Class Participation- All students are expected to engage and participate in class lectures and lessons. Students will be evaluated on the effort they put forth to their class.
- Class Participation: 30%
- Tests and Quizzes: 15%
- Class work and Homework 40%
- Notebook: 15%
In class students will be treated with dignity and respect and are expected to do the same for others. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
Rules for our class:
- Respect yourself, your peers and the classroom
- NO inappropriate images/profile pictures or language.
- Be in class on time. Wait to be dismissed
- Preserve a Positive Learning Environment
- Raise your hand to be recognized
- Put your best effort at all times to be present, pay attention, participate and follow directions
- Only relevant conversation is acceptable
- If you must leave the room, please ask permission to do so.
- Food and/or snack of any kind are prohibited in class.
Please take the time to view our school website; it contains various resources and information that will surely benefit you and your families. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to getting to know you!