6th Grade Expectations
Homework and class work: In general, homework and class work assignments will receive a grade using the scale below.
** Late Homework: If an assignment is not handed in at the time it is due to be collected or reviewed, it is considered late. **
Test: Tests are a major part of your grade! Study Study Study!
Quizzes: Quizzes will be given and can help bring your grade up.
Projects: Some of your assignments will be projects. Each of these will count as if it were a test and therefore will also be a major part of your grade. Projects will be graded using the scale below and rubrics.
** Projects that are turned in late will lose five points for everyday they are past due. After three days, they will not be accepted!**
No name on papers: No name, no credit! Take pride in the work you do. It is your responsibility to hand in completed, neat and clearly labeled assignments; this includes your name, the date, and a heading for the assignment.
Absences: Attendance is extremely important! Please make every attempt to make it to school every day. If you are aware that you will be absent, ask for make-up work before leaving school. This will keep you from feeling overwhelmed when you return to school. Make-up work is YOUR responsibility!
Homework and class work 25%
Class participation 20%
Total = 100%
Assessments, writing, and projects will be scored according to their respective rubrics and based on grading scale below:
64% and below F
- Homework is to be completed on loose-leaf paper.
- Include the heading (your name, teacher's name, date, assignment name, and your number on the top right hand corner).
- All assigned problems must be completed.
- Always try your best and put your best effort into your homework.
- You do not need to copy the questions, answers only.
- Be sure to show your work, explain your work when you are asked to, answer all parts, and provide all of the required information.
- Be sure to label questions clearly and write neatly.