National Spanish Honor Society (Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica): The Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica is an honor society for high school students enrolled in Spanish classes. It is sponsored by the American Association of teachers of Spanish. The mission of Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica is to recognize high school achievement in Spanish and to promote interest and appreciation in Hispanic studies. Qualifications: Two full years of Spanish classes with a grade of 90% or better, and a minimum overall GPA of 90%. Enrollment is by teacher invitation only.
Advisors: DiBello & Maffei Thursday Room 3025
- 11th and 12th graders applying for the National Spanish Honor Society must have a weighted academic average of 90 or higher.
- Students must possess all 4 National Spanish Honor Society criteria (Scholarship, Character, Service and Leadership) in order to be accepted…………..no exceptions.
- This application must be completed in its entirety, along with all necessary signatures. Signatures of guidance counselors, parents, school administrators, etc. may not substitute for the individual responsible for the given activity. If you cannot complete a section or have any questions, please contact the National Spanish Honor Society advisors.
- Please include a copy of your transcripts.
- Return completed application with all attachments to either Ms. DiBello or Ms. Maffei by March 20, 2019 Click on the link below for the application.