National Italian Honor Society (Societá Onoraria Italica Dante Alighieri): The Societá Onoraria Italica Dante Alighieri is an honor society for high school students enrolled in Italian classes. It is sponsored by the American Association of teachers of Italian. The mission is to give recognition to achievements in Italian as well as to promote a greater understanding and appreciation of Italian culture and to foster and encourage the study of the Italian language. Qualifications: "Candidate must maintain an average of 90% or higher in Italian for the 3 most recent semesters of high school, with a general academic average of 90% or higher" . Enrollment is by teacher invitation only.
Advisors: DiBello & Maffei TBA Room: 3025
- 11th and 12th graders applying for the National Italian Honor Society must have a weighted academic average of 90 or higher.
- Students must possess all 4 National Italian Honor Society criteria (Scholarship, Character, Service and Leadership) in order to be accepted…………..no exceptions.
- This application must be completed in its entirety, along with all necessary signatures. Signatures of guidance counselors, parents, school administrators, etc. may not substitute for the individual responsible for the given activity. If you cannot complete a section or have any questions, please contact the National Italian Honor Society advisors.
- Please include a copy of your transcripts.
- Return completed application with all attachments to either Ms. DiBello or Ms. Maffei by March 20, 2019. Click the link below for the application