are students who know how to tackle text!
What kind of reader are you?
- use what they know to read unfamiliar words.
- chunk words to get through the hard parts.
- think about what would make sense and use meaning and context to help them.
- get their minds ready before they read.
- have strategies to figure out tricky words.
- are brave and resourceful when they get to hard words.
- read with smooth voices.
- choose books that help them grow stronger at reading.
- talk and think about books with other people.
- read everything in sight.
- take care of books and protect their reading time.
- READ EVERY DAY!!!
~adapted from Growing Readers by Kathy Collins