Krisztina Ghazal - Student Assistance Counselor
Welcome to my page!
As the Student Assistance Counselor my role is to help students identifyand use positive coping skills when experiencing stress, conflict, peer pressure, anxiety and other challenging circumstances.
In addition, I also
- help students develop a healthy routine around sleep and time management, especially during remote learning
- educate students about the risk of making unhealthy choices regarding substance use and other high-risk behaviors
- provide school-wide awareness activities to help students understand the harmful consequences of using alcohol, tobacco/nicotine and other drugs
- work with students individually, and in small groups and conduct classroom presentations
- provide referral information to additional services in the community if needed
- work with community groups on activities to promote a healthy lifestyle for teen
I am the advisor of an afterschool club called the Youth 2 Youth Club. As a group, we create and organize monthly activities that promote a healthy lifestyle for students.
I am looking forward to supporting the Yonkers community in all the ways I can during these challenging times.
Please feel free to contact me for any support or help you may need for your family or teen.