Welcome & Important Information for Students and Parents/Guardians
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL PARENTS AND STUDENTS!
The first day of school begins on Thursday, September 7, 2023 @ 8:35.
Our Open House will be held on Thursday, September 21, 2023,
from 5 PM - 6:30 PM.
WHEN SIGNING INTO CLEVER: PLEASE VISIT CLEVER YONKERS:
- Click "log in with clever" username - student firstname.lastname@example.org and password - birthdate (00/00/0000)
- https://clever.com/in/yonkers/teacher or go to Clever Portal on the School 21 Home Page.
On this site you will find:
- The curriculum program for your child.
- More support, and
- Added activities for improvement.
WHEN SIGNING INTO PARENT PORTAL:
- Please go to School 21 Home Page and click on the Parent Portal icon or
- PARENTS: If you do not know your Username, please select Forgot Username and enter the email address you provided when you registered your child in Student Enrollment. If you have trouble logging in, please email Parent Portal Support at email@example.com. For more information: Parent Portal guide
POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL:
- Parents and/or guardians will receive an email from Yonkers PowerSchool Parent Portal Support at firstname.lastname@example.org with information regarding the account username and password to access the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The account was created using the provided email address during District Student Enrollment.
- Please contact the Parent Portal Support team by phone at (914) 376-8229 or via email at email@example.com assistance with account information.
- To log in to the Yonkers PowerSchool Parent Portal, please visit https://yonkersps.powerschool.com/public
Fifth Grade Supply List (2023-2024)
- Binders – Choose Option 1 or Option 2:
Option 1: Trapper Keeper with pencil case inside
Option 2: 3” 3-Ring Binder with Pencil Case Inside, 8 Divider Sheets and 6
- Headphones/Earbuds (for Chromebook)
- Dry Erase Markers
- Crayons/Markers/Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks
- Spiral One-Subject Wide-Ruled Notebook (6) get extra for when one notebook is finish
- Extra Clothes
Please put an extra set of clothing (top, bottoms, underwear, and socks) in a bag. The bag will be kept in your child’s locker in case a change of clothes is ever needed.
- Hand Sanitizer
Please put your child’s name on all supplies.
My teaching experiences started in the New York City Public Schools for 10 years, and then in the Yonkers Public School for the past 23 years. During that time, I served as an Elementary School Teacher, a Magnet Science Liaison, a Staff Developer for the elementary, middle, and high schools, and a Grant Writer and an Auditor for the State of New York. Additionally, I obtained a scholarship from the Yonkers Superintendent’s Office and completed my principalship certifications for both district and school for the last 15 years.
During my years of service, I earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Elementary Education/Sociology, a Master of Science Degree in Education, and a Post Graduate Degree in School and District Administration. I have recently completed my Ph.D. Degree in Psychology, Technology, and Instruction in December of 2022 and graduated in May of 2023. My passion is to continue stimulating a desire for learning among our students, as well as to provide the necessary skills that would allow them to be a balanced human being in society.
Please contact me at: (914) 376-8435
Valerie Gowie-Melchiori, Ph.D.
My school email: firstname.lastname@example.org