Phone: (914) 376-8435
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Louis Curcio
Fourth Grade SUMMER Assignments:
Click on the following link for summer assignments
Have a wonderful and safe summer vacation.
*You can also gain access to summer packets on the School 21 Home Webpage. There is a "Summer Packets" option on the right hand side of the home page. Click on that and then select the grade level.*
Availability While Schools are Closed: I will be available from 8:30 to 12:30 Monday-Friday to help assist with any assisnments. You can email me with any questions or communicate with me through Castle Learning. For additional information (including login tips/info), go to the assignments page and click on the first assignment.
I have created new lessons on the i-Ready website. This is another educational site that can be accessed through Clever.
Please be reminded that the Clever App offers other enrichment activities and lessons. I highly recommend Mystery Science and Brain Pop. These sites offer video lessons on a variety of topics.
Please see the assignment page for Brain Pop lessons and instructions.
Also, please see assignment page for information regarding our "First Responders Project."
A directive was sent out today from Dr. Quezada, that all students must be completing a Distance Learning Log, DAILY!!
- Please direct your parents/students to the main page of the School 21 Site.
- Above the Clever Portal you will see the Distance Learning Logs Portal.
- It will take them Directly to the YPS main site, Distance Learning Section.
- Students will be able to access the PDFs, (which they can type into once downloaded), or students can use the DOC version (which must be printed).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ How to Access Student Grades
Parents/guardians received letters via postal mail with personalized instructions about how to access their children's attendance records and current grades in the Yonkers Public Schools PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Parents will receive a separate letter for each child.
To access your child's information, please follow these steps:
- Open an internet browser on any web accessible device.
- Link to http://yonkersps.powerschool.com/public
- Choose "Create Account" to start the process.
- Create your account by following the on-screen prompts. You will need to supply your first name, last name, email address, username, password, and relationship to child. Please make note of your username and password.
- To link to your child, use the provided Access ID and Password. The Access ID is case sensitive. The password is your child's date of birth in this format: mm/dd/yyyy. For example, if his/her birthday is February 2, 2010, you will enter 02/02/2010.
- If you have more than one child in the district, you may link them on this screen, or in the Parent Portal. You will need a unique Access ID and password for each additional child
Once you successfully create your account, you will be able to use your username and password to sign in to your child's account and monitor his/her academic progress.
If you have any questions or problems please contact the Student Information Department at this email, ParentPortal@YonkersPublicSchools.org
On May 7th, I sent out an email through Castle Learning asking my students to create cards, notes, or artwork dedicated to their mothers for Mother's Day. I have viewed a number of my students' cards and drawings and I was impressed and moved by their messages of love and appreciation! I will post my original email below in case any student would like to continue to work on this and please feel free to submit your work to me. I know Mother's Day has passed, but there is no time limit on honoring mom!
This Sunday is Mother's Day! I encourage all my students to create a card, write a note, or even draw a picture that shows how much you love and appreciate your mom.
**Chapter Book Reading** Charlotte's Web is one of my favorite books to read with my class at the end of the school year. I have done this with my students for a long time and I am not going to stop this tradition. Students will be responsible to read one chapter a day and answer questions about that chapter. They can send me their answers through the Castle Learning message board or send me an email. I will read your answers daily. The chapter questions will be posted everyday. It is important to keep up with the reading.
Some of you may have read the book - I have read it many times and still enjoy it.
Some of you may have watched the movie - The movie is good, but the book is so much better. Trust me.
Read the chapters with mom, dad, sister, brother, or someone else. I'm sure they will enjoy that.
Copy the link below and paste it into a new window to access the book:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ District Wide Memorial Day Projects
This Monday, May 25th is Memorial Day. To honor and celebrate this holiday, please click on my assignment page and select "Memorial Day Facts and Activities," "Memorial Day Extra Credit Assignment 1," and "Memorial Day Extra Credit Assignment 2." You may choose one extra credit assignment or both! Also, complete the Brain Pop assignment on Memorial Day. All assignments are due by Tuesday, May 26th.
Classroom Cleanup Information
Attention all School 21 Families!!
Computer Return is Tuesday 6/16 from 9:00am-12:00pm
This will also be the last day to pick up personal belongings!
Summer Packets will be available for pick up that day as well, for those that don't have available technology.