Degrees and Certifications:
Please note: Students will be taking a District Benchmark ELA Assessment on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. On January 27, 2021 students will be taking a District Math test on DataMate.
Important information about the District Benchmark and DataMate Interim Assessments:
Benchmark (ELA): Wednesday, January 13
DataMate (Math): Wednesday, January 27
Test Preparation: Prior to Test Day
1. Make sure your device has an internet connection
2. A short video to help students log in to Benchmark:
Watch the Benchmark video: link https://tinyurl.com/ypsbenchmark Click the triangle to play
3. A short video to help students log in to DataMate:
Watch the DataMate video: link https://tinyurl.com/ypsdatamate Click the triangle to play
On Test Day:
1. Minimize distractions for your child as much as possible
2. Provide a quiet testing environment
3. Follow the student’s login instructions
4. Make sure you have a way to communicate with me during the test
Importance of Interim Assessments Assessments help teachers understand what students know. This helps teachers set goals to improve.
Students cannot pass or fail this test. This test will not affect grades. It is normal for kids to not know the answers for some questions.
Please don’t help them! If they get questions correct because of your help, the teacher will think they don’t need to study those skills further. Assessment results are especially helpful for us this year. These results will help us know what students are ready to learn.
To read the parent letter about the Winter Assessments, please click below
Winter Assessment Parent Letter