Welcome to our Peer Mediation Page!
ATTENTION LINCOLN TEACHERS & STAFF!!
PEER MEDIATION IS FINALLY HERE!
STARTING WED. APRIL 20TH
WHEN: WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS
WHERE: ROOM 222
PERIODS: 4TH, 6TH, & 7TH
WITH WHOM: PEER MEDIATORS AND MR. CRAWFORD
WHAT IS PEER MEDIATION AT LHS?
Þ Peer Mediation allows Lincoln students to share their feelings, learn how to effectively problem-solve, build healthy relationships, and through face-to-face communication, learn how to respectfully resolve disagreements.
Þ Nominated 10th and 11th Grade students trained in the Peer Mediation process conduct Peer Mediations with a supervising adult present during the mediation during designated lunch periods.
The Lincoln High School Lancer Peer Mediation program is a restorative intervention practice that serves to enable our students to resolve conflicts peacefully, to promote mutual respect, foster empathy, and to facilitate practical problem-solving skills within the school environment.
Students will be provided an opportunity to navigate real inter-personal conflicts with the guidance of their peers.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF PEER MEDIATION?
- To reduce peer conflicts!
- To develop active listening skills!
- To increase empathy for others
- To enhance problem-solving skills!
- To reduce school suspensions!
Peer Mediation Process
- The disputant students or students involved in the conflict voluntarily agree to Peer Mediation as a restorative intervention.
- The disputant students then will be scheduled to meet with two trained 10th or 11th Grade Peer Mediators under the direct guidance of Mr. Crawford, Mrs. DiFucci, or Mrs. Santana
- The mediation follows a step-by-step process followed by the trained Peer Mediators that includes active reflective listening and problem-solving negotiations.
- If a final agreement is reached at the conclusion of the mediation, the disputant students completes a Resolution Agreement that specifies agreed upon steps or actions to follow.
- Disputant students are always allowed to voluntarily return to mediation if the problem is unresolved.
The Teacher & Staff Referral Process
Þ Identify students that may benefit from Peer Mediation
Þ Complete a Peer Mediation Request Form
Þ Return/Email Form to Grade Level Counselor
Þ Students will be scheduled for Peer Mediation during 5th, 6th, or 7th Lunch Periods
Þ Teacher feedback will be provided
Peer Mediation Steps
Þ Step 1: Students Agree to Mediate
Þ Step #2: Explore the nature of the problem
Þ Strep #3: Focus on student interests
Þ Step #4: Create Win-Win Opportunities
Þ Step #5: Evaluate Opportunities
Þ Step #6: Create a Resolution Agreement
How Do I Participate in Peer Mediation?
1. Speak to your School Counselor!
2. Speak to any Teacher!
3. See Mr. Crawford in Room 225 on Wed-Fridays!
Attention Students and Staff!!
Please click on the Link below to complete a Student Mediation Referral.
Peer Mediator Award Ceremony
Thursday April 7th, 2022
Trinity O'Neal Johnson
Erika Espinal Velasquez