Degrees and Certifications:
Utica College of Syracuse University- Bachelor of Arts- May 2004 Mercy College - December 2013 Master's of Science in Adolescence Education in English
Ms. Karyn Medranda
I'm Ms. Medranda and I teach English to Grades 9/10. I work diligently for my students and have high expectations for all of them to succeed. I always make myself available and am reachable through the Remind app (click on Remind app for further information). If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at KMedranda@yonkerspublicschools.org. Let's achieve your goals TOGETHER!
Let’s begin this school year full of positivity! I believe that in working together, this will be an amazing (and memorable) experience for all of us.
- We will create a respectful digital and personal connection between all of us through shared experiences and focusing on the positive in each other and ourselves.
- We will make every effort to identify and address any gaps in our ELA skills and then build on those skills in order to achieve success as 9/10th Grade readers and writers.
- We will expand our willingness to challenge ourselves through reading and writing in order to prepare for future assessments.
To participate in my class, you must log on for live lessons via Microsoft Teams. Your Microsoft username is your 6 digit student code @yonkerspublicschools.org and your password is your birthdate with 8 digits (MMDDYEAR). For example if your birthdate was January 1, 2006, your password would be 01012006.
**If you would like to meet for a student conference or afterschool help, I am available on Tuesdays until 3:15 p.m. Alternate time accomodations can be made by appointment.
- All Categories
- Microsoft Teams_Grade 10 Period 1
- Microsoft Teams_Grade 9 Periods 3 & 4
- Microsoft Teams_Grade 9 Periods 7 & 8