Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Hunter College Masters Degree in Secondary Special Education, Hunter College
Hello, I am Kaitlyn Hernandez. I am a proud member of the first Yonkers Hunter Teaching Academy Cohort and attended Hunter College for my Bachelors and Masters Degrees. After receiving an undergraduate degree in Sociology, I moved onto a masters in Secondary Special Education. I am now working as a teacher in Roosevelt High School's Autism Program where we combine academic learning with a life skill and vocational focus.
Distance Learning Directions and Updates
As we enter into this last week of school you should have recieved our final packets of work and support materials. Thank you for your continued patience through this process. Wishing you all a wonderful summer!
Additionally, please check your emails. I have forwarded login information for our Music Zoom session with Mr. Pollock.
Please continue to work on ReThink assignments and activities that are updated weekly. Login information remains the same and is posted below:
1) In your internet browser go to https://www.rethinked.com/
2) Click User Login at the top of the page and input the login information provided privately.
3) Once logged in go to the assignments tab and all assignments for the week are posted. Please disregard that the page says "Due Today", posted assignments are due each Friday and are to be completed at the pace appropriate for each student.
4) There is an Activities Tab and Videos Tab for further student exploration.
Parents and students should feel free to contact me for extra support between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Occupational and Physical Therapy
Please view the assignments tab for PDF files provided by our Occupational and Physical Therapists. instructions are as follows:
1) Click the assignments tab on the left of the screen.
2) Click on the assignment labeled Occupational Therapy or Pysical Therapy. The activity instruction PDFs, links and videos posted there.
3) Click on any of the attached links or PDFs and a page or file with instructions will open up.
Please also explore the additional resources below provided by my department as well as Occupational and Physical Therapists.
Our Adapted Physical Educators have provided links for parents and students to view assignments for each week. Assignments are typically posted every Monday and they ask that you keep track of your activities in a log. Please check out the following links to stay active: