Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Hunter College Masters Degree in Secondary Special Education, Hunter College
Hello, I am Kaitlyn Hernandez. I am a proud member of the first Yonkers Hunter Teaching Academy Cohort and attended Hunter College for my Bachelors and Masters Degrees. After receiving an undergraduate degree in Sociology, I moved onto a masters in Secondary Special Education. I am now working as a teacher in Roosevelt High School's Autism Program where we combine academic learning with a life skill and vocational focus.
Distance Learning Directions and Updates
Last week new packets for the current week and the following two weeks were sent into the board to be sent home. I will be checking in periodically to be sure that you have received them and to review the breakdown of those packets.
Additionally, I am still updating assignments and resources on ReThink, please continue to log in and practice skills remaining from previous weeks, as well as the newer assignments. The login information is below:
1) In your internet browser go to https://www.rethinked.com/
2) Click User Login at the top of the page and input the login information provided privately.
3) Once logged in go to the assignments tab and all assignments for the week are posted. Please disregard that the page says "Due Today", posted assignments are due each Friday and are to be completed at the pace appropriate for each student.
4) There is an Activities Tab and Videos Tab for further student exploration.
Parents and students should feel free to contact me for extra support between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Occupational and Physical Therapy
Please view the assignments tab for PDF files provided by our Occupational and Physical Therapists. instructions are as follows:
1) Click the assignments tab on the left of the screen.
2) Click on the assignment labeled Occupational Therapy or Pysical Therapy. The activity instruction PDFs are posted there.
3) Click on any of the attached PDFs and a file with instructions will open up.
Please also explore the additional resources below provided by my department as well as Occupational and Physical Therapists.