Respect yourself, the teacher & others
- Show respect for the teacher, yourself and others at all times.
- Respect others’ property. Avoid touching or writing on anything that does not belong to you (including desks, textbooks, teacher’s belongings, walls, chalkboard, etc.). Don't expect that others will clean-up your messes. Please pick-up after yourself.
Put forth your best effort at all times
- Always do your own best work.
- Put learning ahead of getting good grades.
- Put quality ahead of just getting it done.
Be prepared for class each day
- Come prepared with all materials necessary:
- An organized class binder containing all necessary materials and handouts
- Looseleaf paper, pens (blue or black), and pencils
- Highlighters for emphasizing important text
- A planner to help keep you organized - the most successful students are organized.
Follow directions when given
- When directions are given, do your best to follow them the first time. If you are confused or have questions, ask. I would rather have you stop class to clarify than be off task while everyone else is working.
Pay attention, participate and ask questions
- Engage in what is going on in the classroom. If you have a question, ask it!
Preserve a positive learning environment
- Student actions that interfere with teaching or learning in the classroom will NOT be tolerated.
- Use class time to learn!. Please do not spend your time grooming, sleeping, talking, writing notes, playing cards, listening to you Ipod, text-messaging friends, or doing work for other classes.
- Minimize classroom interruptions by arriving to class on time and not leaving the classroom during class unless it’s an absolute emergency. It’s best not to miss any part of the lesson.
Take responsibility for your actions
- If you are confronted about a rule infraction, own up to it. Don’t deny it, lie about it, or blame someone else.
- Take responsibility for missed assignments.
- Choose the action, remember YOU have chosen the consequence.
Turn off cell phones & electronic devices
- Electronic devices (CD players, Ipods, handheld games, mini-TVs or personal DVD players, cell phones, pagers, etc.) are NOT permitted in my classroom.
- Cell Phones should be turned off and invisible during the class period.
- If I see or hear your phone it will be taken away and given to an administrator, according to cell phone policy at Roosevelt HS ECS
- Refusal to turn over the cell phone will be treated as insubordinate behavior.
No food or drink, except water
Arrive to class on time & ready to learn
- When the bell rings, you need to be sitting in your assigned seat.
- You should immediately begin on the "Do Now” or journal entry.
Never line up at the door before dismissal
- Never line up at the door before dismissal. Remember, I dismiss you, not the bell.
Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work
- Plagiarism (copying work from another source without giving proper credit) is completely unacceptable. If you plagiarize on any assignment you will earn a “0” on that assignment with no opportunity to re-do the work for credit.
Use polite and appropriate language
- Offensive, derogatory, and profane terms are not tolerated. No put downs, swear words, or slang words with demeaning connotations will be accepted.
Do your best work & turn it in on time
- Write your full name and class period on all assignments.
- No name = no credit