October 2, 2020
Track A, Track B, and Track C Students
Don't forget to bring your electronic device to school.
· Complete resume/recommendation sheet
· Ask two teachers for Letters of Recommendation (you need to give them your completed recommendation sheet)- also needs to be requested through Naviance.
· Create a College List: Reach (Dream), Range (Target) & Safety (as well as HEOP/EOP/SEEK)- begin putting it on Naviance
· Work on Resume
· Upload a picture of ONLY YOUR FACE (do not crop any part of it out) either to your yonkerspublicschools e-mail or your Google photos, or Naviance (or put it on your USB Thumbdrive). You will NEED this picture in order to register to take the SATs/ACTs
· Create an FSAID for yourself and ONE parent (fsaid.ed.gov)
· College Essay Rough Draft Due: Wednesday, Sept 30th
· Start filling out FAFSA and TAP for Financial Aid, Oct 1st
· Sign up for Financial Aid Completion Week (Oct 5th-9th)
· Finalize College List- need it on Naviance by Fri. Oct 16th
· SAT Test Day: Wednesday, Oct 14th
· Attend Online College Fairs/Tours
· College Essay Final Draft Due: Wednesday, Oct 14th
· Resume Final Draft Due: Wednesday, Oct 21st
· Two Recommendation Letters Due: Wednesday, Oct 28th
· Begin CSS Profile if you are applying to school that requires it
· Take SAT I or Subject Tests, Nov. 3rd
· Submit CUNY Applications Due: Tuesday, Nov 10th
· Common App (and all other applications) Due: Wednesday, Dec. 16th
· SUNY Supplements (on Common App) Due: Wednesday, Dec. 16th
· Check emails regularly for info to setup your Portals and HEOP/EOP instructions!
· Start applying for scholarships
· College Notifications start
· Notify Guidance of Application outcomes (acceptances/denials)
· Review Financial Aid Packages
· Notify Guidance of any scholarship awarded
· Make college choice by May 1st!