Montessori School 27
Montessori Program with a focus on Humanities and Creative Arts
- Vibrant, child-centered environment taught by Montessori certified teachers and full-time assisting adults
- Montessori instructional materials allow children to learn at their own pace through discovery activities
- Students are grouped in multi-age classes which support a non-competitive, cooperative learning atmosphere
- Multiage grouping include PK-K, 1, 2, 3 and 4, 5, 6 - Preprimary, Primary and Intermediate Configurations
- A solid academic foundation is provided in a stimulating environment
- The child-centered learning environment fosters a strong sense of community and commitment for students, parents and staff
- Art, music, physical education, literature and philosophy are integrated into the instructional program
- In school club activities include: Chess Club and Girl Scouts
A fully equipped greenhouse gives students the opportunity to observe and study botany and horticulture through hands on experience.
Children entering the school after prekindergarten must be previously enrolled in a certified Montessori program.
Students are automatically assigned to Yonkers Montessori Academy for Grade seven (7).
This school works closely with:
- American Montessori Society
- JCY-Westchester Community Partners - S.M.A.R.T. Program
- Montessori LIVE
- Musical Infusion