Superintendent Provides State Legislators With Solutions to Close Budget Gap
Yonkers Children: A Proven Return on Investment
Yonkers Public Schools: A Cost-Effective Entity
Superintendent of Schools Dr. Edwin M. Quezada presented testimony before the New York State Joint Legislative Fiscal and Education Committee earlier this this week. He addressed head-on the structural budget constraints which undermines Yonkers ability to sustain educational programs and the personnel required to deliver them. Dr. Quezada offered a four-point plan for sustainable recurring revenue to maintain outstanding academic outcomes for all students - and to close the persistent budget gap.
Solutions Submitted for Consideration by Albany Decision Makers
- Fully Fund Prekindergarten for Yonkers Public Schools from $12 Million to $21 Million - Commensurate with the Support Provided Other Urban Districts
- Increase the Host Community Video Lottery Terminal Allocation from $19.6 Million to $30 Million.
- Continue to Appropriate $12.6 Million in Bullet Aid to Yonkers Public Schools
- Fully Fund Health Services for Yonkers Public and Non-Public Schools from $1.2 Million to $6.9 Million
Superintendent Quezada's Testimony (PDF)
New York State Joint Legislative Fiscal and Education Committee Meeting
Albany, New York
February - March 2020
- Superintendent Edwin M. Quezada, together with Mr. John Liszewski, City of Yonkers Commissioner of Finance, and the Conference of Big 5 School Districts Meetings with Albany Lawmakers and Key Staff