Century Honors & International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
Century Honors Program
You should consider these programs if your child maintains report card average grades of 85 or better, has scored above average on standardized tests, and can handle a highly rigorous academic program for college-bound students.
The Century Honors (CH) Program provides honors classes in each academic discipline – English, mathematics, science and social studies. Students are also enrolled in a career or college-bound program of their choice. Sophomores, juniors and seniors are required to take Advanced Placement (AP) classes which are college-level courses that culminate in the College Board’s national examinations, and college-link courses with local colleges and universities. Students who earn a high score on the AP examinations may be granted college credit, advanced placement, or both by colleges and universities throughout the United States.
Students must apply for the Century Honors Program. Applicants are required to take an entrance examination (Measures of Academic Progress – MAP), provide teacher recommendations, a recent report card and standardized test results.
- All applications must be returned to your child’s school liaison.
- For those students who are not currently enrolled in the district, parents/guardians must first register their child by calling the Information Center for an appointment at 376-8050, and apply for Century Honors testing.
- The deadline date for applying is Friday, December 20, 2019.
- The Century Honors Program entrance examination (Measures of Academic Progress MAP) will be administered:
- To currently enrolled Yonkers Public School students in grades 8-11, the MAP will be given during the regular school day beginning the week of February 3, 2020
- To students not currently enrolled in the district in grade 8 only, the MAP will be given on Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. at Roosevelt High School – Early College Studies, 631 Tuckahoe Road; Yonkers - snow date is Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Yonkers Middle/High School - Grades 9-12
- Students interested in the International Baccalaureate Programme at Yonkers High School must select it during the school choice process as no application is required.
- Students will be placed in Yonkers High School only if their academic profile meets the entrance qualifications which include an above average academic record and standardized test scores.
- If you have any questions, please call District School Counseling at 376-8454.