Practice with Question Samplers
The New York State Education Department and Questar have developed Question Samplers to help students become familiar with the test format, the question types, and the tools they will experience during testing.
To practice with the Question Samplers:
- Watch our walkthroughs of the ELA and Math Question Samplers below to familiarize yourself with the format
- Go to the Question Sampler website through Clever (Please use Google Chrome)
- Under "Select Subject" select "ELA" or "Math"
- Under "Select Grade" select the student's grade
- Under "Select Test" select any option except "Equation Editor Sampler"
- If you are practicing math, you will see an option to "Select Testing Language"
- Click on "Start Test"
- The website will display directions that give an overview of all buttons on the screen and accomodations available
The Question Samplers are designed to help students become familiar with the NYS Math and ELA exams. The exams are untimed. We encourage students to practice with the Question Samplers multiple times to ensure they are aware of all the tools available to them.