The school bus is an extension of the classroom, and respectful behavior is expected at all times.
- When boarding the bus, find a seat immediately
- No smoking, eating or drinking
- Respect and obey your driver and/or attendant
- Respect other students and their property
- No use of profanity or offensive language
- Stay in your seat while the bus is moving
- Do not leave papers or garbage on the floors or seats
- Keep head, hands, and arms inside the bus
- Keep aisles clear of arms, legs and bags which can create safety hazards for other students boarding the bus, and can block the way in the event of an emergency
- Be courteous, talk quietly
- Students are not permitted to bring items such as live animals, glass objects, or any school project that cannot be safely held on the student's lap
- Use of electronic toys or cell phones is not permitted on buses; the bus is an extension of your classroom
- Students should not remove items from book bags until they get home
- If a high school student loses his/her bus pass, a replacement must be obtained through the school at a cost of $58.00
- If a student witnesses or experiences improper behavior on the bus, they should tell the driver or attendant before getting off the bus
Additional Bus Transportation Information:
• Be outside at your assigned stop at least 10-15 minutes ahead of time for both pick up and drop off. If a child misses the bus, it will be the parent's responsibility to get the child to school.
• Be on time. Buses may drop off children any time after dismissal. Assigned times afterschool are estimates and not exact times.
• Ride only the bus assigned to you.
• Before you cross the street, wait at your stop for the universal crossing signal from the driver (a hand signal taught at the beginning of the year), or wait for an attendant to come across to get you. If the driver honks the horn while you are crossing, it means it is not safe to cross and you should return to the curb.
• School bus transportation is a privilege.
During the school year the Transportation Department is open from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to assist with all questions or concerns regarding transportation. Summer hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For further information: Transportation Department (914) 376-8015