• Proof of Residency

    In order to make a determination that your child is entitled to attend a school within the District, you must submit evidence of you and your child’s physical presence in the school District.  Yonkers Public Schools require families to submit three (3) proofs of residency; the documentation and/or information needs to establish the physical presence of the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation and the child in the District.

    Documentation must include at least one (1) of the following:

    • A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
    • A statement by a third-party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn. You may ask your homeowner/landlord complete.  Download, complete and return to Student Enrollment before the date of your registration appointmentSworn statements preferred. 


    • Or such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the District. You may Download, complete and return the affidavit below to Student Enrollment on the date of your registration appointment.  This form MUST be completed by a Third Party (for family that is “doubled-up” living with family). Sworn statements preferred. 


    The District will accept two (2) supplemental forms of documentation.  The remaining document(s) may include any of the following:

    • Payroll stubs
    • Income tax form such as, but not limited to, a W-2 Form
    • Utility or other bills such as, but not limited to, electric, water, telephone, internet, or cable bills
    • Membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency
    • Voter registration document(s)
    • Official driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non-driver identification
    • State or other government issued identification
    • Section 8 or Municipal Housing Statement
    • Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, local social security office, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
    • Evidence of custody of the child including, but not limited to, judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.

    Families in Temporary Residence

    If you are new to the District and have recently lost your residence, please link here for more information.

    Yonkers Public Schools Family and Homeless Liaison
    Roe Friedman |
    Phone: 914-376-8274

    Change of Address Requests
    If your student is currently attending a Yonkers Public School and your address has changed provide copies of the documents listed above by email to Lisa Vettorino. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Vettorino by email or phone.

    Lisa Vettorino
    Public Safety Deparment
    Phone: 914-376-8678